About the Church
First Baptist Idabel is a multigenerational church family that has a rich history and a bright future. As a family of faith, we desire to motivate people to LOVE the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, LEARN how to walk in his ways, LIVE out our faith in the community, and LEAD others to grow closer to him in our church and around the world.
About the Position
This position is for a full time Worship Minister. As Worship Minister, this role will oversee the music and worship ministry of First Baptist Idabel as well as creating and maintaining the church’s media presence.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities as a Music Minister:
- Lead worship for Sunday morning services and occasional special services or prayer meetings with a strong vocal ability and appropriate stage presence.
- Works with the Lead Pastor in worship service/creative planning.
- Coordinates all music for worship services. Is responsible for maintaining quality control in all musical/artistic issues relating to the ministry of First Baptist. Some prior knowledge or willingness to get training in the teach side of worship, sound, video and streaming are a must.
- Recruits/auditions new musicians and vocalists. Utilize the gifts and talents of as many members as possible when planning worship for the church.
- Provide spiritual oversight and leadership to the worship team members, especially regarding the teaching of Biblical worship principles.
- Ensures that the worship music is theologically sound and in line with First Baptist’s commitment to a blended worship style utilizing both hymns and contemporary songs.
- Creates, updates and manages content on the church web site when required. Is responsible for posting sermons online, live-streaming, and social media content for the church when needed.
- Submit an annual budget request to the finance committee.
- If the music minister is absent from the service, he must coordinate with a suitable replacement.
Responsibilities as part of the FBC Idabel Staff Team
- Realizing that in many cases ministries take place outside the office, regular office hours are required in order to work effectively and efficiently as a staff team.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff team meetings.
- Work as a staff team player. Working on this staff will require contributions in other ministry areas such as VBS, Dogwood Days, or a church revival or conference.
- Work with the pastor and other staff to implement the overall mission of the church.
- Attend all FBC services and events even if you are not directly involved.
- When needed, perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
- Demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ by being a student of God’s Word, maintaining a consistent prayer life, practicing personal evangelism and engaging in a lifestyle that glorifies God.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:6-9. As well as affirming the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and leading ministries accordingly.
- Organizational ability to effectively manage, develop, and grow a church music ministry. This includes but is not limited to honesty, responsibility and punctuality.
- Cultivate an attitude of humility with a teachable spirit realizing that no matter how much we know we can always continue to grow and develop.
- Maintain an on-stage presence that focuses on congregational singing, bringing glory to God, and leading others to worship.
- Skill as a proficient guitarist and/or keyboardist is preferred, but not required.
- Minister will be subject to a background check and completion of our Ministry Safe training. He will also lead his ministry areas with Ministry Safe principles.
About the Idabel, OK Community
A progressive city and the county seat of McCurtain County, Idabel, Oklahoma is in the state’s southeast corner, a tourist area known as, Choctaw Country.
It is known for its warm and welcoming community and the rural lifestyle it provides its inhabitants. The locals are friendly and there is a great sense of camaraderie amongst residents. Idabel offers plenty of recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, biking, camping and hunting. There are also many local festivals, music events and art galleries to enjoy. The town’s location gives access to nearby national parks, lakes and rivers which adds to its appeal.
Living in Idabel, OK is an enjoyable experience with its laid-back atmosphere, easy access to nature and strong sense of community.