About First Baptist Church Bloomfield
About the Position
The Worship Pastor is primarily responsible for pastoring and training ministry volunteers and overseeing the worship portion of all services in addition to providing general pastoral care for the church alongside the other pastoral staff.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Responsible to the church to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, to preach and teach biblical truth, and to provide oversight of assigned ministry areas of church life.
- In collaboration with the pastoral staff, help lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its mission to make disciples both locally and globally through FBC Bloomfield’s vision of Worshiping God, Growing Disciples, Serving Others, and Sharing Christ.
- Perform pastoral functions including pastoral care, counseling, visitation of members and prospective members, evangelistic contacts, weddings, funerals, baptisms, Lord’s Supper, worship events, etc.
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- In collaboration with the pastoral staff, lead the congregation in effective programs and ministry efforts to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose, and priority.
- Aid in the care for any staff needs that may arise by ministering to them and their families through pastoral care, counseling, or other avenues or needs that may arise.
- Participate in church-wide ministries and the life of the church.
- Serves to recommend and advise assigned committees and ministry teams as an ex-officio member.
- Cooperate with the associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern and support the work of Southern Baptist missions and the cooperative program.
- Prepare and administer an annual budget in accordance with assigned ministry areas and the overall vision for the church.
- Meet with pastoral staff, as needed, working to establish goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs and evaluating progress regularly.
- Lead in facilitating, developing, and implementing all elements of any worship services, activities and events, and other ministries of the church including but not limited to music selection, music arrangements, visual components (video, lighting, and physical components), orders of worship, sound production, presentation software and similar items.
- Lead in and provide recruitment, training, encouragement, and pastoral care for all volunteers serving within the varying roles in the worship ministries of the church.
- Lead in providing guidance and oversight to implementation and scheduling of all special events, concerts, conferences, weddings, funerals, or worship leadership requiring music and AV support.
- Work closely with the Communications Coordinator and pastoral staff to facilitate the online service streaming of our worship services.
- Work closely with the pastoral staff and ministerial staff to help plan and prepare for regular and special worship services.
- Work to preserve the integrity of Baptist theology, according to God’s Word and summarized in the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition), in material, song selections, and visual mediums that are used and presented through any worship service, activity and event, or otherwise.
Education & Experience
- Exhibits a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Has a passion for the lost
- Evangelical in theology, in accordance with the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition)
- Will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:6-9; Hebrews 13:17; and 1 Peter 5:1-3
- Able to plan and execute biblically accurate and culturally relevant teaching and preaching
- A man affirming God’s call to pastoral ministry in the Church
- A man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, and demonstrates a high level of competence
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style
- Good interpersonal and relational skills and show evidence that he is able to work well with pastoral and church staff, volunteers, and others in the Church and community
- A college degree and some seminary education is preferred with a minimum of two years of experience in a pastoral ministry
- Pursuit of continued personal growth (i.e. through continuing education, conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Administrative skills, good interpersonal skills, computer skills, able to manage others, comfortable with technology and a strategic thinker
Church Photo Gallery
About the Bloomfield, NM Community
Bloomfield is located in the high desert of the Four Corners Region of New Mexico and is about 45 minutes south of Durango, Colorado. Bloomfield, Farmington, and Aztec cities form a triangle of cities along the rivers flowing through San Juan County, New Mexico, and are located approximately 10 miles from each other along the legs of the triangle. The church draws members from all three cities and the surrounding unincorporated areas of San Juan County.
San Juan County has a population in excess of 100,000 people and has three dominant cultures: Anglo, Hispanic, and Navajo. There are other minorities in the community as well. The oil, gas, and coal extractive industries are the county’s economic base.
San Juan County citizens experience great four-season weather, world-class trout fishing and hunting, and an excellent environment and landscape for hiking, biking, and camping opportunities. Snow skiing is about an hour’s drive away in the winter. The area supports several outstanding golf courses, including Farmington’s Pinon Hills Golf Course, which has repeatedly been voted one of Golf Digest’s best municipal courses.
Bloomfield and its surrounding area is a blue-collar community whose citizens are predominately employed in various energy-related fields, agriculture, and public service jobs. The income level of the church members exceeds those of similarly situated areas due to the nature of well-paying energy-related jobs, and independent businesses that serve the energy industry.
The housing market is competitive as of recent but is trending more to a buyer’s market.
Bloomfield public schools rate lower than desired compared to larger cities, but are seeing good strides in improving the education offered. There are several small private Christian schools within a 25-minute drive in Farmington. Homeschooling is also common in our area.
Interested parties may learn more about FBC Bloomfield at www.fbcbloomfield.com. You may learn more about San Juan County at http://www.sjcounty.net, Bloomfield at http://www.bloomfieldnm.com or https://www.facebook.com/BloomfieldNmChamberOfCommerce