About Eastmont Baptist Church
About the Church
Eastmont Baptist Church is a multi-generational community of believers who have surrendered to the lordship of Christ and are committed to serving others and seeing them respond to the gospel of salvation.
We exist to glorify God by faithfully following Jesus and leading others to know and follow Him as well. We believe Christ’s followers are called to be disciples who make disciples.
We believe that God has called Eastmont to magnify His name by faithfully sharing His gospel message with those in our surrounding communities. We desire to see the gospel have its full effect, allowing all who seek to worship Christ in Christian community to have a place to do so.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are committed to preaching and teaching the Word of God faithfully.
- We are committed to worship that exalts Jesus Christ.
- We are committed to raising up fully-devoted disciples of Jesus.
- We are committed to missions, locally and around the world.
- We are committed to strengthening families as they seek to honor Christ.
About the Position
Eastmont Baptist Church is seeking a candidate for Music Pastor who is passionate about the corporate worship of Jesus Christ and is called and equipped by God to lead the body of believers in authentic worship. The Music Pastor will join a pastoral staff comprised of one senior pastor and four other full-time pastors.
The music pastor will work closely with the Pastor, staff, musicians and media production volunteers to support the vision of Eastmont Baptist Church in developing programming that seeks to lead members of Eastmont to be active participants in worship of Jesus Christ. The music pastor shall develop and coordinate a comprehensive music program to lead all people to utilize music in the worship of God. His general responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, devising and executing a music and worship plan that will be meaningful and appropriate for all age levels while including as many different musical styles as needed. He will oversee various groups as he assists in seeking out and developing instrumental and vocal talent throughout all age groups. He will also be responsible for various ministerial duties as common to all pastoral staff.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Plans and leads music for all services including special events
- Selects and coordinates congregational songs with sermon topics and seasonal themes and leads congregational singing where practical
- Plans special music for Sanctuary Choir for Sunday services and special programs
- Leads Sanctuary Choir rehearsals
- Maintains physical assets of the worship program including sound equipment, lighting equipment, video equipment, musical instruments, staging, sets, costumes, props, etc.
- Maintains the music library and any copyright licensing
- Reserves the right to approve anything that pertains to music in the sanctuary within the policies of the church (examples: music for weddings or special programs/events)
- Arranges for sound, light, and video for any special program that the church allows (ex. Concerts, meetings/conferences such as approved by church)
- Serves to evaluate requests for the use of the musical instruments of the church by persons other than those designated by the church
- Assists groups within the church to find song leaders as necessary Additional Pastoral Responsibilities
- All pastors of Eastmont Baptist Church are expected to meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1 – 7.
- Prepares budgets and monitors disbursements for all accounts under his supervision
- Represents Eastmont at appropriate denominational events at the request and discretion of the Senior Pastor
- Perform baptisms, weddings, funerals, hospital visits, and counseling as necessary
- Participate in weekly staff meetings as arranged by the Senior Pastor
- Serve in outreach events and within other ministries as part of the Eastmont pastoral team
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
The Music Pastor must be a born-again, practicing and believing Christian who:
- Has a passion for God and doing His kingdom’s work
- Has a commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally
- Embraces the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
- Has a strong desire to be creative and innovative to inspire authentic, passionate worship
- Studies worship styles and trends to help ensure worship styles and elements remain relevant for all age groups while remaining faithful to biblical principles
- Has successful experience arranging various elements of worship to inspire and encourage all age groups and ministry areas of the church
- Is a team player who works effectively and cooperatively with the church staff and volunteers
- Has ability to lead a large choir and orchestra and effectively oversee other musical groups
- Has a strong vocal (singing) ability
- Relates well to all age groups in the church
- Has completed successful experience as a church music staff member or other music-related position
- Ordained as Music Pastor or Worship Pastor – if not ordained, must be able to be ordained within two (2) years of being hired
- Has exceptional communication skills to effectively lead a worship service
- Has strong organizational skills to coordinate multiple groups in complex worship settings
The following characteristics are desirable qualities of any effective Music Pastor. While not absolute requirements for employment, they are highly desirable.
- Experienced in working with sound, lighting and technical theatrical elements as these are present in various worship settings and programs
- College degree, seminary degree or advanced ministerial training
- Can play at least one musical instrument
- Can use computer software effectively as needed for position
- Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills
- Can communicate effectively both orally and in written form
Church Photo Gallery
About the Montgomery, AL Community
Montgomery is the capital city of Alabama, boasting a population of around 200,000 people. There are a handful of cities and towns situated adjacent to Montgomery (Prattville, Wetumpka, Pike Road, Millbrook). These cities and towns comprise the River Region, based upon their nearness to the Alabama, Coosa, and Tallapoosa rivers. The city has a rich history being known as the birthplace of the Civil Rights movement. There are three major hospitals in the city. We have a minor league baseball team, The Montgomery Biscuits, as well as incredible restaurants and entertainment areas, concert venues, the Alabama Shakespeare Festival, museums, and more.
Montgomery is more than a world-changingly historical site. Not only can you stand in the footsteps of heroes like Rosa Parks and Dr. King, but you can also taste the heart and soul of the south, find outdoor adventure on riverfront and trails, and experience world-class arts and culture. Discover the perfect blend of a charming southern town and a vibrant new south city in Montgomery.