About First Baptist Church Arab
About the Church
At Arab First Baptist Church, we seek to make disciples who Know God, Grow in Christ, and Go Multiply.
About the Position
The Worship Pastor is responsible for developing, leading, promoting, and shepherding a comprehensive music and media ministry, championing a deeper connection with Jesus Christ among members and attendees, leading to meaningful worship.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
The Worship Pastor is expected to function as an Associate Pastor along-side and under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate regular office hours with the Senior Pastor, participating in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor and other ministry staff in the planning of AFBC service dates and time, implementation of ministry and discipleship events,and general calendar of church events.
- Develop an annual worship ministry plan, outlining the goals, program, and activities for the year in alignment with the Senior Pastor and AFBC’s mission and vision.
- Prepare and steward the annual Music and Media budgets, coordinating with the Senior Pastor and the Finance Committee.
- Cooperate with the church nominating committee to enlist and train church music and media ministry volunteers.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all church policies and bylaws.
- Cooperate with associational and state partners to promote cooperative endeavors.
- Participate in and be willing to lead with Pastoral care in discipleship efforts.
- Participate in pastoral functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The Worship Pastor will actively develop and direct a comprehensive music program, including choirs of all ages, special music programs, and vocal/instrumental ensembles.
- Ability to lead blended music ensembles, choirs, praise bands, and worship teams.
- Schedule evening and weekend meetings and rehearsals wisely, not to interfere with Discipleship or other classes.
- Lead worship in the main service.
- Assist the Minister of Students as required in worship services focused on student environments.
- Assist the Children’s Choir leaders by providing guidance in song selection, logistical assistance with audio and print materials, and overall leadership to incorporate the children’s choir into the overall music ministry of AFBC.
- Coordinate and provide music and media for weddings, funerals, special events, ministries, and other church-related activities as needed.
- Organize, utilize, and supervise vocalists and instrumentalists who desire to use their gifts and talents for the glory of God.
- Stay up to date on current church music, worship, and media methods and trends through continuing education and individual study to equip volunteers and advance this ministry.
- Respond to requests from music groups and individuals from outside the church.
- Oversee the maintenance of the music library, musical instruments, and audio/video systems; recommend upgrades and maintenance as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Actively develop and direct a comprehensive media program, including online ministries, website content, social media platforms, and technology improvements.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the audio/visual team in order to support church activities.
- Annually review and evaluate policies and procedures for operating audio and video equipment, including making necessary improvements.
- Enlist and equip all audio, video, and lighting ministry volunteers for AFBC services and events.
- Coordinate, manage, outsource (when necessary) and produce audio, photography, video and lighting for worship services, special events, church activities and promotional material.
- Provide oversight and management for all AFBC social networking platforms and website content in coordination with ministry leaders, including the AFBC website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram presence.
- Schedule broadcasts, productions and recording services, monitoring live streaming of video via web and social media for Sunday morning services and archive video for use online.
- Produce and create still and motion graphics, for use during services as well as video media for special events and advertisement.
- Create engaging and creative stage designs using sets and dynamic lighting.
- Manage budget for all media needs, including presenting efficient ways to maximize the budget.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree. Although not required, a seminary degree or further theological training is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in church music, media and worship leadership, with two to three years or more of experience. Two to three years or more of experience is preferred.
- Meets all the requirements of a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9
- Must be ordained or willing to be ordained for gospel ministry.
- Instrumental or keyboard experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read music.
- Experience with live and post-production audio, video, and lighting management.
- Experience with website maintenance, social networking trends, and online ministry strategies and implementation.
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) Adobe Suite, Boxcast, Canva, Church Motion Graphics, Microsoft Office 365, Planning Center, ProPresenter, SquareSpace, LightKey or similar software.
Church Photo Gallery
About the Arab, AL Community
Located in Northeast Alabama in Marshall County, Arab is nestled atop Brindlee Mountain, one of the highest points in the State. More than 8,300 residents chose Arab, and there are approximately 53,000 in our retail trade area. We are a thirty minute drive from Huntsville and the Redstone Arsenal, and an hour from Birmingham. Atlanta is three hours away, and Nashville is two, and beautiful Lake Guntersville is a quick fifteen minute drive down the mountain. Two of the state’s main arteries, US Highway 231 & AL Highway 69, come together in Historic Downtown Arab, a favorite spot for weekly and monthly outdoor public events like concerts, car shows, holiday block parties, festivals, and more.
The Arab City School System has been one of the top-performing school systems in the State of Alabama for more than 25 consecutive years! The Arab City Park is one of the most beautifully-landscaped and meticulous parks around, and includes a splash pad and pool, 18-hole disc golf course, basketball and tennis courts, sand volleyball, shaded walking trails, playgrounds, covered pavilions, and an amphitheater. The Thompson-Eidson Soccer Complex has 4 lighted soccer fields, a 6-lane track, a one-mile walking trail in a natural setting, locker rooms and shower facilities.
So whether you live here or are thinking of relocating, the City of Arab offers a quality of life that is unparalleled. With a top-ranked education & career-readiness program, an abundance of excellent job opportunities, a variety of shopping and dining experiences, a mild climate, and low crime rate, Arab is the ideal place to live, work, shop, play, start a business, and raise a family.